Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Movie Review


I picked up this movie as I'd seen a preview and was intrigued. For some reason, I thought it would be more of a funny love story. Turns out, not so funny. But that's okay.

In a word, it was poetic. Fluid. The music was simple, mostly piano, original and almost comparable to a heartbeat, if a movie can have one. I believe it can.

Ben Kingsley - wow. His hands. His energy. Who would not fall in love with this man?

Penelope Cruz - captivating.

Dennis Hopper - endearing. Handsome, almost.

It's based on a novella by Philip Roth called "The Dying Animal". If the read is half as good as the movie, I'll be thrilled.

This movie has inspired me in ways I wasn't prepared for. Really, I was just in the mood for a light rom-com to lull me to sleep. Maybe I'm slap-happy because the Nyquil has kicked in, or because I'm feeling much better and had an awesome and productive day.

Either way, I can't wait to go to sleep, so that I can wake up tomorrow and start planning.

No comments: