Sunday, April 12, 2009

So Much For Best Laid Plans...


I went to bed last night early, like Old Lady early. I was under the covers by 9:30, anticipating a jam-packed day of Easter fun.

A car alarm went off twice last night, right under my window, around midnight and 2:00. For some reason, the second time I thought it was mine. So I ran (yes, literally ran) down the hallway, into the living room and cracked my lower leg on the coffee table.

Who put that there?

Then my damn dog was up at 3:00 with that "Pee time" energy he usually reserves for 4:30. I told him to cool it, and slept until 5:00, at which time he was crossing his legs and doing the pee dance, so I took him out.

I then ended up staying up for awhile, messed around on the computer, got sleepy, and went back to bed.

My brother called and woke me up at 10:00 - we have plans to meet at the boat for Easter buffet. Yum!

I shook off sleep, hopped in the shower, puttered around, and started to dry my hair.

I got my bangs done. That's about it. The dryer quit. I don't think it overheated, as there is no firey, charred smell.

I have really long, thick hair. It's awesome when it's dry. Not so much wet.

I called a neighbor to see if I could borrow her dryer. Left a message. Waiting to hear back.

My brother is on the way to pick up Grams in St. Chuck for the boat excursion. I have towel dried my hair, but it still looks way too retarded for a social event, let alone Easter w/Grams.

Debating on whether to just twist up the wet part, hang my head out of the car window and let it air dry on the way to St. Chuck, or crawl back under the covers.

On this day, I have to ask myself........

What would Jesus do?

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Today Jesus would come back from the dead craving human brains as zombies do. Then would most likely corner people in a farm house or shopping mall.

Kristin said...

Jeff, that is the answer I was looking for. Made my day.