Sunday, April 19, 2009

Try, Tri again...


I have been doing well on my training the last month, and am looking down the road for a good, light race in which to partake.

I have found two that are major contenders - the first is the Big Shark tri, 7/19 in New Town (St. Charles). It's a flat course, and the swim in the man-made lake should be very enjoyable and drama-free.

The second one is the Tiger Tri in Republic MO, 8/15. Pool swim (sweet).

There are advantages for each one.

The Big Shark race is close to home, and my friends/family would be able to cheer me on. It's super flat, and I like this because I hate hills and love speed. The biggest drawback is that it's only 13 weeks away...a little too soon.

The Tiger race is in it's 3rd year, so no surprises, and a pool swim. I am not the best swimmer - my biggest issue is remembering to breathe correctly. Plus, this gives me another 17 weeks to train.

I'm thinking Tiger. Yup.

No comments: