Saturday, March 28, 2009

Darn it

I might have a cold. It started coming on yesterday - I felt that airy, uncomfortable feeling in my throat, no pain, just the constant urge to clear my throat.

Today, the nagging throat thing is still here, as is just an overall feeling of ickiness. I little coughing, which is new. Also achey, tired, and the blahs.

I did not work out this morning, instead opting to stay in, out of the rain, away from more bad germs, and retreated under the warmth of my covers. It was cozy and theraputic, until somebody couldn't keep his head off of my pillow. A space invader. I do not like my space invaded, especially when I'm feeling like crap.

I did manage to play the "poor me" card and got Schnucks delivered, rather than me having to go shopping. That was nice. I am going to have some soup, peel my orange, and then crawl back under my fortress of blankets in hopes of warding off a higher level of sickness.

The rest of my day will consist of finishing my reflection paper for class, watching one of my favorite movies, "Rachel Getting Married", and napping. Also, my day thus far has been infused with the music of Pylon - it's oddly soothing and nostalgic, kind of perfect for the weather and my current state of mind. If I were to form a band, this is the kind of music I'd like to play/create.



2 comments:

DoeHands said...

I've been wanting to see Rachel Getting Married! I'm glad to hear someone I trust condone it!

Kristin said...

I can't say enough good things about this movie - the documentary feel, the acting, music, sadness, joy. It's got it all. I saw it three times in the theater, I kept taking different friends. You'll love it.