Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Catch Up

-I just heard that Paul Harvey passed away on Saturday. Paul Harvey was "present" for many good memories in my lifetime. The first time I heard his radio broadcast was when I was very young and riding in the car with my grandpa, Guy Hall Jr., usually around lunchtime. He'd frequently cap off a reading with, "And that's the rest of the story", and my aunt Debby and I use this phrase sometimes when we talk to each other on the phone, after we've finished telling our stories to each other.

When people in your life, whether they are friends, relatives, or even radio personalities pass away, and you realize you'll never hear them again and that their contributions to this world are over, it's just darn sad.


-It's official - my dog Oliver is dog-crazy. He has this inability to relate to other dogs in a calm, non-violent manner. He is a little guy, 15 lbs of pure Shih Tzu, but he exhibits tasmanian devil-like behavior when another dog enters his atmosphere. I am seriously thinking that he needs therapy. Maybe it's my "nervous energy" that travels down the leash when I see another dog, and it transfers onto him (that's what Ceasar says). We had many close calls this weekend, it's become a serious problem.

-My cousin Erica has been chosen to be in a commercial for her success with L.A. Weight Loss. I really admire her dedication and perseverance, and I think she's a natural for this opportunity. They couldn't have picked a better gal for the job, and I look forward to seeing the commercial soon.

-I watched an interesting film yesterday, FrontiƩre(s), a French Hostel-like horror movie. It was one of the 2007 AfterDark Horrorfest films, I totally overlooked this gem. It was action from start to finish, great ending, and a decent plot. If you liked Brotherhood Of The Wolf, you'll probably enjoy this.

2 comments:

DoeHands said...

My dog at my parent's house, Allie, also makes that awesome face where her tongue gets stuck! She also goes tasmanian devil apeshit, but only on dogs that are quite larger than she is. It's like she thinks she can take em.

Kristin said...

Seriously...he's a little nutbag. Mine goes nuts on little dogs, not large ones. It's scary! Is Allie a Shih Tzu also?