Sunday, March 22, 2009

Reconnected...and it feels so good

I'm back. 48 hours of non-blogging.

Am I the better for it? Who knows.

I did get much accomplished this weekend, being unplugged and all. I cleaned - a lot. I slept - a lot. I played - a lot.

Thanks again Mom (I love getting that kind of mail!), and congrats to my brother Jeff, the doctor, on his new Ortho McDreamy appointment at SLU. Way to go!

Facebook continues to annoy - discovered today that one of my friends is AWOL, and thinking she befriended me (the noiv!) I did a search for her. No luck. I reached out to a mutual friend (who I'm also concerned about as her spaghetti addiction is out of control), and she can't find her either. I fear that she's floating aimlessly in the black hole that is the new FB layout.

I am toying with the idea of going to bed directly after my Rock of Love Bus fix so that I can get up earlier than usual and bike to the gym in the morning, rather than drive. I think I can dodge bullets just as well on a two wheeler as I can in a four....right? My Fuji is nimble and responsive. With enough sleep, so am I. :-)

I found out that when you disconnect, you get behind on very important news. These are some of the top stories from the weekend that I'm JUST NOW catching up on (I feel sooo behind):

1. Bruce Willis got married, and Han Solo and Chupa-Head got engaged.

2. Car fire in O'Fallon

3. Lady GaGa blows the roof off of SXSW

4. Pet food pantries open up to help people/pets in need

Okay, I do like #4. Some people would rather go without a meal than have to not feed their pets. I totally understand this, and support the new pantry efforts. Very nice.

I hope y'all had a good weekend. I'm going to beat feet on the street with my pup before the darkness falls. Later, tater.

3 comments:

One Crabapple said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
One Crabapple said...

Hey! I resemble that remark!
mmmmm...Spaghetti..oh how I love thee!

Gonna grab a bowl and find the clicker.. I love ROL Bus too..but don't tell anyone.

Kristin said...

Yes, VCoOs, you are the queen of spaghetti!! ROL Bus is winding down...can't believe who they have left...BORING. Bret needs to take it back to the house so proper hijinx can ensue.