Friday, March 27, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC STUHLER!



It's my uncle Eric's birthday today. And that makes it an extra-special day!

Eric is the reason I am here in Missouri. He and his wife, my aunt Deb, suggested I go to school at Lindenwood, Eric's alma mater. I know I didn't appreciate it at the time as much as I do now, and I shudder to think of where I might be in life had he not been there for me.

I also got to watch their kids grow up, which was a true gift. When I moved to St. Louis in 1990, Hoot and Albo (nicknames) were tiny, little gradeschoolers, all giggly and girly and causing all sorts of trouble. Now they're amazing young women, all giggly and girly and still causing trouble. Hoot is now married and a teacher, and Albo is getting her B.A. at Lindenwood. I have so many great memories that I cherish, having spent time with this loving and giving family, because of Eric.

Eric graduated from Lindenwood in the 70's, went on to law school at UMKC, and later returned to St. Charles to practice law, and also teach at Lindenwood. He's taught at Lindenwood since the 1980's, and is now the Director of Planned Giving at the university. In that time, he's raised (with Deb) two great girls, dotes on his wife (and drives her crazy at times), has been an endless well of support for his parents and siblings, for his wife's parents and siblings, and all of his in-laws.

I mentioned earlier in this blog that I was lucky - well, our entire family is lucky to have Eric Stuhler a part of it. For more reasons that I can count.

He's never backed down from responsibility to his family, extended and immediate, and is the most giving man I know.

THE most giving man I know.

And to be able to call him family is pretty darn cool.

Happy Birthday Eric.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the day I met Eric I new he was a good guy. Charisma and cojones fereras. Happy Birthday!!!!
-TNT

Lori E said...

Never met him but think I have misssed out on someone special.
What a nice tribute to him on his birthday.

Kristin said...

Thanks Lori, that was nice of you to say. He is a very special guy.