Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Morning Ramblings

I have a job interview today - good luck to me.

This time change has been rather affecting. I feel completely off, the entire day. Discombobulated. Weird word, weird feeling.

Donkey Punch - new teeny-bopper-horror movie that's in theaters now. I've googled the term "donkey punch", and there are varying degrees of appalling explanations. Seriously? Who thinks these things up??? I consider myself progressive and open-minded, but come on. I wish I hadn't been so inquisitive. I'm going to leave this one alone (both the movie and the meaning).

Speaking of movies, the remake of "Last House On The Left" comes out this Friday. I watched the original a few months ago, before I knew of the impending remake. Dark. It will be interesting to see how the newest version treats the retribution aspect.

Here's what makes me feel old: the actress who plays the mother in this movie, Monica Potter, is one month younger than me in real life. So, it seems that I can no longer relate to the young adults in the movie, but rather the parents. Or maybe that's a good thing, depending on how the movie plays out. And yeah, I realize that I'm old enough to have a high-school aged child right now. But I don't. And therein lies the rub.

Last House On The Left - 1972


Last House On The Left - 2009

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Good luck with the interview.

I've known about the Donkey Punch movie for awhile. Can't believe they would make a movie that had a plot that revolved around that and call the film that. Stupid.

LHOTL remake is getting good reviews by the geeks. It will be a renter for me. The original is mediocre at best, but what makes it creepy is the low budgetness. It gives it that realistic feel just as in Texas Chainsaw Massacre in 73. When these movies are made slick and modern it just doesn't work the same.

Did you see the horrible remake of LHOTL, called Chaos? One of the worst movies ever.

Kristin said...

Thanks - it went well.

I'm a geek, so I'll probably see the movie this weekend.

I didn't see Chaos, hadn't even heard about it til you mentioned it here. I read up on it - yup, will be skipping it. Thanks for the heads up.