Sunday, March 8, 2009

To Sum It Up...plus a playlist

...it was a decent weekend.

Had dinner out at Tin Can Tavern on Friday w/T - surprisingly, they make one hell of a chicken salad sandwich. Great service, good happy hour specials, and the smoke factor was light.

Saturday morning/early afternoon ventured out into the warm, damp belly of North City, downtown and a bit south, and took some interesting pics. Driving down some of the streets off of North Broadway reminded me of some of the smaller towns in North Dakota - deserted, small factories and random vacant lots. But then, out of nowhere, a random tattoo parlor, or a biker bar.




Stopped in at Iron Barley for lunch but the line was long, so we ended up at the King & I. Mmmm hmmmm.

Later that night, while lounging around, caught a very weird movie, Phantom of the Paradise. It was an obvious tribute to Phantom Of The Opera, with some Rocky Horror elements thrown in. Outrageous characters - Swan, Phoenix, Beef (ha!), and the Phantom. It was an oddly captivating, over the top rock opera, with some high-ranking cheese factors, but the music was really special in that 1970's kind of way, and I couldn't turn it off...had to see it through to the end. Brian DePalma directed this flick, who directed classics such as Blow Out, Carrie, Scarface, and Body Double (to name a few), so it's well done. I might have to add it to my collection.



Stayed up way too late on Saturday night, which made for a difficult Sunday. While I'd like to say my lack of sleep was due to fun, it was because of a certain noise factor. Even my poor dog looked hungover this morning, if that's possible. This has to end!!!

I have some reading left to do tonight, and then I plan on finishing a movie I started late last week - Day Watch (not to be confused with Bay Watch). It's like a Russian vampire Matrix - great style, worth a look. I hope to drift off to sleep with this in my head in hopes of stirring up my dreams, which have been lackluster as of late.

Weekend Playlist:

1. "Ghetto Defendent" - The Clash
2. "Rock City Boogie" - Tennessee Ernie Ford
3. "Daylight" - Viva Voce
4. "Do It!" - Clinic (album)
5. "Where Is My Mind" - Pixies
6. "You Spin Me Round" - Dead or Alive
7. "Joey" - Concrete Blonde

No comments: