Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Down and Out

I'm bummed - I've not missed a day blogging since December of 2008...until yesterday. My internet connection was MIA, and I just didn't step it up to log on elsewhere.

I felt very disconnected, not being able to check my FB, email, world news, entertainment chatter, and catch up on the blogs I read daily. But, I've been toying with the idea of downgrading to a cell phone that doesn't have internet capabilities, in an effort to cyberly "tune out" and personally "tune in". So, maybe yesterday was a test.

If it was a test, I passed in terms of disconnecting, but failed in terms of dealing with it rationally.

So, I will be "disconnecting" this coming weekend, in an effort to slowly wean myself from my attachment to all things online. I have midterms this week, so it will be a bit of a celebration to not have to study. I'm sure I can get into some sort of trouble w/o the use of a computer.

No comments: