Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Few Favorite Quotes

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out.
-Art Linkletter

You know, the camera is not meant just to show misery.
-Gordon Parks

An isolationist America is no bloody use to anyone.
-Billy Bragg

The best time to make friends is before you need them.
-Ethel Barrymore

Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.
-Lily Tomlin

-Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

I do not need the idea of God to explain the world I live in.
-Salman Rushdie

Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam.
-Winston Churchill

Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
-Carl Jung

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
-Abraham Lincoln

Success is where preparation and opportunity meet.
-Bobby Unser

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Benjamin Franklin is responsible for many of my favorites:

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.

I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

If all printers were determined not to print anything till they were sure it would offend nobody, there would be very little printed.

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.

When in doubt, don't.

Kristin said...

I like those. Especially the tell me/teach me/involve me.